You don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s…
Hosted by Andrew Quinn and Darren Mooney, The 250 is a fortnightly trip through some of the best (and worst) movies ever made, as voted for by Internet Movie Database Users. New episodes are released every second Saturday at 6pm GMT, with the occasional bonus episode between them.
This time, David Fincher’s Gone Girl.
On their fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne is shocked to discover that his wife Amy has disappeared. As local law enforcement begin their investigation, all clues seem to point towards Nick. But all is not as it appears to be.
At time of recording, it was ranked the 179th best movie of all time on the Internet Movie Database.
- Recorded 20th November 2016.
- Gone Girl at The Internet Movie Database.
- The IMDB 250 as it appeared at time of recording.
- Joshua Rothman at The New Yorker on Gone Girl’s examination of marriage, October 2014.
- The Guardian‘s interview with Gillian Flynn exploring accusations of misogyny, May 2013.
- Gillian Flynn on her desire to see strong female villains.
- Gillian Flynn talks to Vulture about “Cool Girls”, October 2014.
- Alissa Wilkinson at Vox on Gone Girl as a recession era horror, October 2016.
- Film Comment‘s interview with David Fincher on Gone Girl, September/October 2014.
- Follow The 250 on Twitter.
- Subscribe to The 250 on iTunes.