With host Andrew Quinn taking the week off, Darren Mooney is joined by special guest Grace Duffy for This Just In, a subset of the fortnightly The 250 podcast looking at notable new arrivals on the list of the 250 best movies of all-time as voted for by Internet Movie Database Users.
This time, Jordan Peele’s Get Out.
- Recorded 25th March 2017.
- This is the first episode of The 250 without one of the regular hosts present; Andrew Quinn was unable to make the recording.
- Get Out at The Internet Movie Database.
- The IMDB 250 as it appeared at time of recording.
- Follow Grace on Twitter.
- Read Grace’s reviews at The Mary Sue.
- Yoselin Acevedo at IndieWire on “the Get Out challenge.”
- Kevin Lincoln at Vulture on the marketing of Get Out.
- Jordan Crucchiola at Vulture on how Jason Blum and Blumhouse became the go-to masters of modern horror.
- Scott Mendelson at Forbes interviews Jordan Peele about the origins of Get Out.
- Ethan Anderton at Slash Film on the darker ending that Get Out almost had.
- Ashley Clark at The Guardian interviews Daniel Kaluuya on Get Out.
- Melinda Newman at Billboard discusses scoring Get Out with Michael Abels.
- Loyce Gayo at Medium discusses the use of Swahili in Get Out.
- Jordan Crucchiola at Vulture discusses the character of Rose in Get Out.
- Zach Seemayer at Entertainment Tonight on the diverse audience demographics of The Fast and the Furious franchise.
- Elizabeth Flock at PBS on the IMDb “vote brigading” of I Am Not Your Negro.
- Sara Vilkomerson at Entertainment Weekly on the “alt-right” manipulation of the Netflix rating for Amy Schumer’s Leather special.
- “Baby Forest”, Key and Peele.
- “Make a Wish”, Key and Peele.
- “Family Matters”, Key and Peele.
- Darren’s review of Get Out.
- Follow The 250 on Twitter.
- Subscribe to The 250 on iTunes.
- Listen to The 250 on Stitcher.