Hosted by Andrew Quinn and Darren Mooney, This Just In is a subset of the fortnightly The 250 podcast, looking at notable new arrivals on the list of the 250 best movies of all-time, as voted for by Internet Movie Database Users.
This time, Damien Chazelle’s La La Land.
- Recorded 12th January 2017.
- La La Land at The Internet Movie Database.
- The IMDB 250 as it appeared at time of recording.
- Damien Chazelle talks to The Hollywood Reporter about how hard it was to get La La Land made.
- Damien Chazelle talks to Vulture about the influence of Seventh Heaven on the film’s closing scenes.
- Caroline Framke at Vox on Mia’s perceived lack of character development.
- Ira Madison III at MTV on Sebastian as the “white saviour” of jazz music.
- Vikram Murthi at IndieWire on the possibility of a La La Land stage musical.
- Darren’s review of La La Land.
- Darren’s take on the nostalgia of La La Land.
- Follow The 250 on Twitter.
- Subscribe to The 250 on iTunes.
- Listen to The 250 on Stitcher.