Hosted by Andrew Quinn and Darren Mooney, The 250 is a fortnightly trip through some of the best (and worst) movies ever made, as voted for by Internet Movie Database Users.
This time, a St. Patrick’s Day treat. Tomm Moore’s Song of the Sea.
An adventure home through Ireland’s mythical dreamscape, Song of the Sea follows siblings Ben and Saoirse as they journey back home to the family lighthouse off the coast of Donegal. Along the way, they encounter mythic tricksters and sinister forces, while also uncovering long-buried family secrets that chip away at everything Ben thought that he knew.
At time of recording, it was ranked the 248th best movie of all time on the Internet Movie Database.
- Recorded 12th March 2017.
- Song of the Sea at The Internet Movie Database.
- The IMDB 250 as it appeared at time of recording.
- Robby Collin at The Telegraph discusses the making of Song of the Sea with Tomm Moore.
- Ryan Lamble at Den of Geek talks to Tomm Moore and Paul Young about Song of the Sea.
- Scott Thill at Cartoon Brew interviews Tomm Moore about two-dimensional animation.
- Kirsty Knox at The Irish Independence talks with Tomm Moore about his frustrations with Irish audiences.
- Scannain podcast directory.
- When Irish Eyes Are Watching podcast directory.
- A Ruddy Good Paulcast directory at Soundcloud.
- Irish Film Institute podcast directory.
- Film Ireland podcast at Soundcloud.
- Follow The 250 on Twitter.
- Subscribe to The 250 on iTunes.
- Listen to The 250 on Stitcher.