A nervous podcast.
Hosted by Andrew Quinn and Darren Mooney, The 250 is a fortnightly trip through some of the best (and worst) movies ever made, as voted for by Internet Movie Database Users. New episodes are released every second Saturday at 6pm GMT, with the occasional bonus episode between them.
This time, Woody Allen’s Annie Hall.
Woody Allen’s iconic (and influential) romantic comedy portrays a tumultuous romantic relationship between cynical New York comedian Alvy Singer and the eponymous character, featuring an Oscar-winning performance from Diane Keaton.
At time of recording, it was ranked the 205th best movie of all time on the Internet Movie Database.
- Recorded 13th October 2016.
- Annie Hall at The Internet Movie Database.
- The IMDB 250 as it appeared at time of recording.
- The Daily Mail‘s interview with Diane Keaton, November 2011.
- Rolling Stone‘s interview with Woody Allen, April 1987.
- Emanuel Levy’s review of Annie Hall, November 2005.
- Roger Ebert’s review of Annie Hall as part of his “Great Movies” series.
- Collider‘s interview with Woody Allen, June 2012.
- Example of “Inside Woody Allen”, Stuart Hample’s comic strip that ran from 1976 to 1984.
- NPR‘s look at why Woody Allen does not attend the Oscars, February 2012.
- The Dissolve‘s examination of Interiors, Woody Allen’s Ingmar Bergman-inspired follow-up to Annie Hall.
- Turner Classic Movie‘s introduction to Annie Hall, including a brief look at its conceptual history.
- Nathan Rabin disowns the phrase “manic pixie dream girl”, July 2014.
- Follow The 250 on Twitter.
- Subscribe to The 250 on iTunes.
- Listen to The 250 on Stitcher.